THE BOOK OF COSPLAY SEWING
You never sewed anything but finally want to start?
This is the book just for you!
In 52 pages and over 220 pictures you’ll get easy step-by-step guides and detailed explanations about: Sewing by hand or with a machine, choosing the right fabric, sewing stretch fabrics, creating new or working with pre-existing patterns, sewing a mock-up, adjusting patterns, adding a zipper, lining, sewing gloves, leggings, boot covers and a dress, attaching armor to fabric and of course a lot of detailed pictures, tips and work examples!
Introduction to tools, machines and materials
- Sewing machine and serger
- Choosing the right fabric
- Three useful hand-stitches
- Working with stretch materials
- Sewing simple gloves with lycra (drawing a pattern on paper)
- Sewing leggings with jersey (creating patterns from old clothes and working with a serger)
- Sewing a dress with satin (working with store bought patterns)
- Sewing a boot cover with faux leather (creating patterns with duct tape)
- Attaching armor to fabric
- I’ll also cover these useful techniques:
- Creating a mock-up
- Adjusting patterns
- Placing a zipper
- Adding lining
- Many more useful tips
As well as the following work examples:
Xena: Warrior Princess